Saturday 11 October 2014

Gigs

Gigs - a must for live music enthusiasts

Photo by Deanna Barlow @ Courteeners, Shepherds Bush


I have a fair few gigs coming up for the end of 2014 so I thought I'd do a very brief explanation why I am going to them...

I'll explain my 2015 gigs in another post later.

Jake Bugg - 19th October, Leeds

After seeing Jake Bugg at Leeds Festival this year, I HAD to see him again. When he announced a gig in Leeds for £15 I knew that this was the opportunity to see him again. I rather ambitiously put a Tweet out asking someone to buy me a ticket. To my astonishment someone actually did. This was wonderful. I am actually going to see the greatest guitarist since Johnny Marr again!

Ed Sheeran - 25th October, Newcastle

My brother bought the tickets for this gig. We saw him in Doncaster in 2012 and he was phenomenal, it'll be fantastic to hear his new album on this tour. However, on the same night Little Comets, John Cooper Clarke, and Lisbon are all playing in the north east so I'm a bit gutted about missing those. Saint Raymond is supporting Sheeran, I saw Saint Raymond at Leeds and he was great, his new single I Want You is amazing. Should be a great all round show.

Royal Blood - 28th October, Newcastle

The gig of the year. In years to come people will wish they went to this gig. I was lucky enough to blag a pre-sale code so didn't have to struggle on general sale. Very fortunate as the full UK sold out in less than two minutes. For a two piece these create a lot of noise. I'm very much looking forward to hearing their number one debut album in the flesh.

The Kooks - 3rd November, Newcastle

My friend managed to get me a ticket for this so it is very last minute. The Kooks were one of the bands that I listened to a lot growing up so finally being able to see them live will be no doubt one of the highlight of my life. Both the classics and the new album will sound amazing - I missed them at Leeds Festival to see You Me At Six (no regrets at all) so this gig is a definite must! 

Courteeners - 6th November, Newcastle

Without a doubt one of the best live bands I've ever seen. I have already saw them three times and they constantly get better. First time I saw them was in Shepherds Bush, London after traveling 250 miles down on a cold December Tuesday. Well worth it, someone even set a flare off inside the venue! Then I saw them two days later at the Middlesbrough Empire (my favourite venue in the world). Since then their new album Concrete Love has came out and I've saw them at Leeds Festival. Very excited.

Catfish & the Bottlemen - 15th November, Newcastle

My favourite band in the world. After listening to Homesick a very long time ago I feel like I have also been on the journey with the band. Seeing them four times already in 2014 and having gigs booked for them in 2015 at Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle, and London it is clear that I am a dedicated fan for this band. Their album is fantastic and the response will be unreal. This is another sellout - well deserved.

Temples - 11th December, Newcastle

I have waited for a long time for Temples to come back to the north east. As soon as it was announced I knew I HAD to go. This was an unmissable, their album Sun Structures is easily one of my favourites and it is one of the few where it is impossible to skip a track. I hope to meet James Bagshaw after the gig. I can tell it is going to be amazing already.

Bombay Bicycle Club - 12th December, Newcastle

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't only going because Peace are supporting. Yeah, Bombay Bicycle Club are great and everything but I've only just started listening to them. Peace however have had my long time admiration. I suppose I better listen to more Bombay songs. Everyone I went to Leeds with went to see them and said they were the best band of the weekend. This is going to be interesting.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment